Licensed Vocational Nurse - 2nd Shift (TPC Parkway)
Franklin Park TPC Parkway, a large retirement community in far north San Antonio has openings for LVNs to work 2nd shift. Hours are Monday - Friday from 2:30pm - 10:30pm.
Our beautiful, modern community offers assisted living in a small-scale, residential environment. And we are one of only a few communities with licensed nurses on duty around the clock. The nurse plays a primary role in the residents’ quality of life so an essential qualification is a genuine interest in working with older adults and their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitoring the daily care of all residents: ensuring that information and interventions on service plans are communicated to caregivers, managing caregiver assignments, and ensuring that assigned duties are carried out
- Helping create a safe and positive living environment, including ongoing interaction and communication with residents and their families
- Recording and implementing physician orders
- Providing treatments and nursing procedures
- Medication monitoring and administration, upkeep of the med cart and room, and accurate documentation in the MAR
- Responding to resident requests for care as well as changes in their behavior or physical condition; reporting needs to family and/or physician
- Responding to incidents and emergencies, communicating to management, families and physician as needed, and completing all required documentation and reporting
- Managing minor issues with physical plant that arise during the shift, reporting as necessary to maintenance or administration
- Performs all other duties as requested by the Company.
Required Education and Experience
- Current Texas LVN license
- Able and willing to work alongside caregivers in providing hands-on care to residents, with the ability to lead by example
- Prior training and experience in dementia care strongly preferred
- Prior experience supervising staff strongly preferred
Franklin Park TPC Parkway I is located at 21802 Encino Commons, San Antonio, TX. The location is great for people who live in Schertz and Bulverde, and is just across the highway from San Antonio’s new VIA transit station.
Franklin Park is dedicated to providing residential communities where seniors and their families feel right at home immediately upon entering our doors. We’re inspired by excellence and committed to “dedication in every detail". To learn more about our company, go to www.franklinpark.org