Maintenance Technician - Sonterra
Receives and follows maintenance schedule and direction from the Director of Maintenance with the focus on providing a safe and clean environment for residents, employees and visitors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine maintenance on community grounds and parking areas by policing, sweeping, blowing, etc. as necessary.
- Performs upkeep of floors including carpet cleaning, deodorizing and sanitizing in a timely manner as to allow time for other duties.
- Strips, seals and waxes tile floors as necessary.
- Inspects hallways daily for needed carpet cleaning.
- Performs community trash removal at start of each work day.
- Performs all duties at a reasonable pace allowing for safety and attention to detail.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair throughout the community as directed to include: plumbing, replacing bulbs, check and replaces A/C filters and fuses, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc.
- Reports equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to supervisor.
- Report all hazardous conditions to supervisor or appropriate manager immediately.
- Notifies supervisor of shortage or supplies.
- Ensure that all maintenance items are kept in safe area to prevent injuries to residents, employees, and visitors.
- Subject to recall after hours and to be on-call for weekends and holidays in the event that a maintenance emergency arises.
- Obtains proper authorization prior to the entry of any apartment.
- Reports all on-the-job injuries according to company procedure.
- When interacting with residents and/or family members, is mindful of the Resident’s Rights to Privacy and resident confidentiality.
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy.
- Attends required community meetings.
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis.
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation.
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, residents, family members, and outside contacts.
- Must know how to use a wide variety of maintenance equipment that are necessary tools of performing the job at hand.
- Must be patient and able to work with ill, disabled, or emotionally upset senior residents within the community.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours to get a problem solved or job completed.
- High school diploma.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- One-year experience in a related field.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Stand, sit, bend, lift, move, climb ladders and stairs up to eight (8) hours a day.
- Use hand and finger to touch, handle and feel; required to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and/or move heavy objects up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Required to talk and hear.
- Subject to infectious diseases, substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day.
Disclaimer: I have read my Job Description and understand the information provided. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or physical requirements/working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed and I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet standards of quality and care.
Franklin Park is dedicated to providing residential communities where seniors and their families feel right at home immediately upon entering our doors. We’re inspired by excellence and committed to “dedication in every detail". To learn more about our company, go to www.franklinpark.org