Franklin Park Sonterra, an elegant retirement community in Stone Oak, has openings for full-time cooks.
We offer independent and assisted living, and are known for our excellent food and dining experiences.
THINGS YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT THIS JOB:
- Beautiful working environment
- Having a relationship with residents
- Variety of work experiences, including special events
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and organized kitchen
- Assist Executive Chef with menu and recipe development
- Assist in the receiving, rotation and storage of products
- Identify and report food/supply needs
- Ensure that all staff follow sanitation/infection control regulations, and help train and coach them in garnishing, presentation and other culinary skills
- Prepare salads, soups, and entrées with care and quality
- Assist in nightly clean up and labeling
- Scratch cooking experience (because all dishes are freshly prepared-to-order), preferably including restaurant, private club or retirement community
- ServSafe sanitation certification required
- Flexibility: able and willing to modify his/her schedule to help cover vacations and help with special events
- Experience in all areas of the commercial kitchen operation
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Reads, writes, speaks and understands the English language
- Knowledge of special event catering is a plus
- 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Franklin Park Sonterra is located at 18323 Sonterra Place, on the north side of Loop 1604 between Blanco and Stone Oak Parkway. There is a bus stop 1 block away.
Franklin Park is dedicated to providing residential communities where seniors and their families feel right at home immediately upon entering our doors. We’re inspired by excellence and committed to “dedication in every detail.”