Assisted Living Manager
Franklin Park at Alamo Heights is one of San Antonio's premier retirement communities offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care options. Conveniently located in San Antonio, we offer a great work environment, professional company culture, and a commitment to providing great resident care.
Join a great team of dedicated professionals!
The role of the Assisted Living Manager is to oversee the Assisted Living operations while maintaining, or exceeding, compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations. This person will provide direct supervision of resident care staff including monitoring job performance, conducting associate performance evaluations, coaching and counseling associates and providing training and education.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts pre-admission screening of prospective new residents and updates ever six (6) months or as needed. Ensures that all required documentation, including service plans and nursing assessments is completed.
- Coordinates monthly staff schedules, arranges replacement staffing when necessary and maintains clear records of all changes, requests and irregularities. Ensures proper coverage to meet resident needs in accordance to budget guidelines.
- Ensures the that the handling and passing of medication to residents is in accordance with physician orders and within all federal, state and local regulation guidelines
- Observes residents health status. Takes actions to address concerns within scope of practice and reports all significant changes, reactions to medications and treatment or significant incidents to nurse and/or attending physician immediately. Ensures proper documentation of health status.
- Reports immediately to the ED all accidents or incidents involving residents and recording all necessary information on the Resident Incident and Accident Reporting form
- Communicates to families regarding resident’s personal needs and achievements. Reminds families or need for scheduled physician, dental, or eye care appointments
- Assists in organizing and developing service plan reviews as required, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation and understanding
- Responds promptly to all emergency calls from residents and employees or other members of management
- Performs routine safety and infection control checks of the community
- Ensures that in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, etc. are available to meet resident needs.
- Participates in the maintenance of resident records including review of documentation performed by resident assistants, monthly MAR reviews, setting up new resident and thinning records appropriately
- Maintains environments that encourage memories, promote feelings of well-being and stimulate the senses in both personal and congregate areas of the community
- Understanding and communicating fire and emergency procedures, hazardous materials, SDS, and community safety precautions
- Understands and ensures compliance with Universal Precautions including but not limited to infection control standards, hazardous waste policies, blood borne pathogens and all safety rules
- Maintain and support stimulating activity programs that challenge residents mentally, physically and spiritually and that match individual preferences and capabilities
- Oversees and participates in the recruitment and hiring of AL/MC employees
- Participates in the training of all AL employees in safety issues, emergency situations, infection control and safe practices
- Participates in department quality improvement activities, to include completion of quality assurance surveys as assigned by Executive Director
- Participates in ongoing staff development activities which fulfill mandatory requirements
- Shares on-call duties as required
- Participates in community functions including family socials and open houses
- Ensure appropriate handling of on-the-job injuries as reported by employees
- Attends required community meetings and completes required reports in a neat and timely manner
- Conducts regular and timely performance appraisals with all department employees
- Monitors department financial performance and ensures proper coding of invoices as required
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bi-lingual a plus
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Able to calculate figures and amounts in order to manage supply and expense budget
- Basic CPR/first aid training
- Knowledge of current Federal and State laws pertaining to assisted living and/or memory care communities
- Able to make independent decisions
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
- Current nursing (RN/LPN/LVN) licensure issued by appropriate state licensing agency a plus
- Bachelors Degree in health care related ﬁeld
- Current s ECC and/or CORE Training certification as required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to effectively supervise a diverse employee work group
- Strong leadership skills
- One to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, experience and staff management
- Experience using Microsoft Ofﬁce and Outlook software. Basic typing skills required
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Stand and/or walk up to six (6) hours a day and sit up to two (2) hours a day
- Occasionally support up to 50 pounds
- Frequently will assist in lifting and/or transferring residents weighing up to 250 pounds
- Occasionally kneel, bend and reach
- Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Subject to infectious diseases, substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day