Full-Time Caregivers - Boerne
Franklin Park Boerne, an assisted living and memory care community, has openings for Full-Time Caregivers on the 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm shift.
You must possess a true desire and passion for working with the senior population – we strive for excellence in all areas of our community. Starting pay is $11.00 - 11.50/hour depending on experience. Training is provided and we offer opportunities for growth for those seeking a career in healthcare.
THINGS YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT THIS JOB:
- The variety of duties
- The beautiful, modern building
- The person-centered model of care
Individualized services and holistic care are central principles of “person-centered” care, so in addition to assisting with ADLs, caregivers are responsible for engaging residents in both spontaneous and organized activities. The night shift also helps with personal laundry and cleaning of equipment.
Staff who work in the memory care building receive specialized training in dementia and dementia care.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have training and/or experience as a caregiver
- Be very dependable
- Have patience and the ability to relate to people with memory challenges
- Want to work as part of a team
Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): dining, dressing,grooming, bathing, toileting, andtransfers and mobility. Facilitates their independence and/or participation tothe extent of their abilities, andoffers choice and control. Actively promotes resident engagement in hobbies andinterests, and theirparticipation in community programs and events.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 or more years’ experience in senior care or nursing home environmentpreferred but not required. Will train the right person.
The following physical demands are representative of those thatmust be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Stand, walk, sit, push, climb and/or balance, stoop, bend or kneel throughoutthe shift
- Use hands and fingers to perform fine motor movements including buttoning andzipping clothing
- Will assist in lifting and/or transferring residents weighing up to 250pounds
- Close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision is required
- Exposure to infectious diseases, chemical substances, and unpleasant odorsthroughout the shift.
Franklin Park Boerne is location at 18 Old San Antonio Rd.
Franklin Park is dedicated to providing residential communities where seniors and their families feel right at home immediately upon entering our doors. We’re inspired by excellence and committed to “dedication in every detail.”