Porter/ Make Ready - Artisan at Salado Falls
The porter ensures that assigned areas (outdoor and/or indoor) are neat, clean, free from clutter, and safe.
ESSENTIAL/ PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and dispose of debris and empty trash cans. Place recyclable items in proper dumpster.
- Empty outdoor pet waste bins and replace boxes of waste bags as needed.
- Sweep out dumpster/compactor enclosures on days that they have been emptied.
- Sweep and/or mop hard-surface floors. Apply sealants or polish as directed.
- Sweep/vacuum entry rugs [at every entrance] and outdoor carpeting.
- Skim outdoor fountain(s) daily and clean as assigned.
- Keep outdoor furniture and seating areas clean and orderly. If pieces of furniture have been moved to other areas, return to their proper location. Clear cobwebs or insect nests/hives as needed.
- Clean outdoor grills after each use.
- Keep workshop clean and empty trash daily.
- Trim, fertilize and/or chemically treat plants as assigned, e.g. fertilize flowering plants, cut back overgrown vines, etc.
- Assist landscaping service workers when on site.
- Clean tools after each use, ensure that they are properly maintained, and store securely when not in use.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Abide by the company’s hazardous communication program and follow correct, safe work practices at all times.
- All other tasks as defined by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional attitude with prospects and residents.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of major appliances.
- Ability to work scheduled hours on a consistent basis and overtime as requested
- Is prompt and reliable, and able to work independently
- Can properly and safely use equipment, including outdoor vacuum cleaners, pruning shears, etc.
- Has knowledge of and adheres to workplace safety and security practices
- Is able to understand, read, and write English language, including instruction manuals- preferred
EDUCATION and LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Training and/or experience in custodial work, landscaping and/or related trades preferred.
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES USED
Position requires individuals to be able to provide and use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: hand tools, pressure washers, shampooers, blowers, sandblasters, ladders, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment as outlined in the company’s safety policies.
Position requires individuals to wear company specified maintenance uniform apparel and safety equipment as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Stand, walk, sit, reach, push, climb and/or balance on ladders, bend, twist, stoop and kneel up to eight hours a day
- Wear proper safety garments/equipment as required: safety shoes, eye protection, gloves etc.
- Frequently support up to 70 pounds
- Frequently lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Regular exposure to dust, dirt, sharp tools, and chemical substances
- May work in extreme outdoor temperatures, both hot and cold, as well as wet and humid conditions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc. All employment decisions, including promotions, transfers and others, are based on meeting all requirements herein and on organizational need, the employee being in good standing, (including lack of disciplinary actions) and meeting all applicable performance/other criteria. The methods of fulfilling requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Some requirements, however, may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. WE MAINTAIN AN "AT WILL EMPLOYMENT" RELATIONSHIP WITH EMPLOYEES. This means that either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause and with or without notice.