Maintenance Technician - Stonehouse Apartments
San Antonio, TX
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team.
The Maintenance Technician ensures that buildings and grounds are in good repair and provides a safe and attractive environment for residents, family members and guests. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining compliance with OSHA, MSDS, state and federal regulations and the standards of the company.
If you have maintenance training and experience with at least 5 year(s) in residential maintenance preferred, we invite you to apply.
Excellent customer service is essential to our residents’ satisfaction, so we are seeking someone who is friendly and responsive, and will complete repairs and upkeep efficiently.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of maintenance staff. Ensures that new employees receive orientation and training.
- Ensures that staff walks through property daily to pick up litter, correct minor problems and note areas in need of repair.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and documents work completed.
- Ensures prompt response to all requests for repairs or maintenance. Prioritizes service calls according to urgency and assigns appropriate staff or contractor to each job.
- Maintains HVAC system, ensuring comfortable temperatures throughout community. Replaces entire systems as assigned.
- Ensures effective lighting systems throughout community.
- Ensures that plumbing system is in compliance with code and working properly at all times.
- Maintains grounds and outdoor amenities, which may include swimming pool and playground. Coordinates lawn service and other outdoor service as required.
- Tests the fire protection systems as required by code and schedules regular inspections.
- Tests security systems on a regular basis. Performs and documents other testing as required by law, e.g. water temperatures in elder care.
- Provides for proper removal and disposal of trash; manages relationship with waste disposal company.
- Arranges for servicing of appliances and equipment for laundry rooms (and, if present, kitchens and elevators).
- Assists with move-ins and move-outs: inspects vacated units for damages and charge-backs to resident; restores vacated units to move-in condition. Must be able to help train maintenance staff in drywall, applying texture, painting, replacing electrical outlets, etc.
- Purchases/orders maintenance supplies, equipment and contract services within budget. Obtains executive director approval for extraordinary expenses. (May also be responsible for reviewing and coding invoices.
- Manages work schedules and daily staff assignments to meet the needs of the community and within budget guidelines.
- Reviews own time and attendance records promptly on or before payroll day, ensuring that PTO, hours worked and holiday pay are correct.
- Ensures property complies with local, state and federal regulations. Prepares for inspections from entities that oversee the community: e.g. Fire Marshall, local housing authority, HUD, state assisted living agency, etc.
- Maintains expertise in safety protocols (e.g. flammable storage), emergency response (for fire, flood, tornado, etc.) and equipment such as fire suppression systems and annunciator panels. Understands and can teach the steps for building evacuation. Participates in required safety training and fire drills.
- Rotates maintenance on-call duty; ensures ongoing after-hours coverage.
- Performs Manager On Duty responsibilities when assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of five (5) years residential maintenance experience required, including general plumbing, electrical, carpentry and apartment make-ready
- Make-ready experience
- Own or provide basic hand tools
- Experience maintaining swimming pools
- HVAC experience/training
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Formal training and expertise trouble-shooting and repairing HVAC: must be able to replace as well as maintain and repair systems
- Certification in one or more of the following is strongly preferred: CPO, electrical and/or EPA.
- EPA certification
- Electrical certification
- CPO certification