Primarily a sales position with a strong emphasis on customer service, meeting goals and achieving results, the leasing agent manages the sales process from start to finish: marketing and networking, presenting the apartments and community enthusiastically, overcoming objections, building relationships, and creating excitement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a high level of occupancy.
- Maintains up-to-date records of all communication with prospective customers using the designated lead management system.
- Oversees the tracking of prospective resident from initial contact through to closing and move-in.
- Builds and maintains a positive and trusting relationship with prospects through listening and understanding needs, and asking questions to acquire more information about specific situations.
- Maintains an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
- Ensures that leasing office, show units and model apartments are clean, properly furnished and stocked with necessary supplies. Addresses housekeeping and maintenance concerns with appropriate staff.
- Is enthusiastic when providing information about the apartments and the community to the prospective resident and schedules visits to the community.
- Is hospitable when meeting or greeting prospects and determining their needs. Responds to concerns in pleasant and tactful manner. Determines whether the community meets the client’s qualifications.
- Quickly closes new sales and leases apartments to qualified prospects at an acceptable determined percent of total prospects.
- Effectively explains all lease and community policies to new and current residents.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regard to promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Monitors advertisements and effectiveness of responses; maintains ad book and demographics.
- Gathers information about markets, competition, etc. and prepares monthly competitive survey reports regarding real estate market trends and conditions in the area.
- Monitors all vacancies and future vacancies in order to react proactively to future occupancy needs.
- Inspects on a regular basis all vacant apartments to ensure they are ready to show.
- Conducts follow-up activity with all residents in order to establish positive resident relations. Provides regular reports to Executive Director/corporate office regarding sales achievements, status of interested prospects, and implementation of the marketing plan.
- Provides direction and support to other staff in achieving and exceeding the community’s sales and move-in goals: trains managers to give tours, works closely with maintenance on make-readies, etc.
- Helps create annual marketing plan and budget; completes competitive analyses.
- Designs and carries out site-specific promotions and public relations events; helps plan and/or staff corporate-wide activities.
- Works evenings and weekends as necessary; is prompt and dependable, able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis.
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy.
- Attends required trainings and meetings.
- Becomes familiar with and understands the steps for emergency response, including building evacuation.
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software, and working in database such as Yardi. Data entry, typing, and basic desktop publishing skills required.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, residents and families.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc. Able to manage revenue and expense budget.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Able to generate a warm, friendly and caring manner on first impression.
- Familiar with guidelines related to the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all aspects of the job including sales presentations and marketing materials.
- Proven sales track record; effective selling and closing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Rental housing sales and marketing environment preferred.
- Public relations experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills
- Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Stand and/or walk up to 75% of the day.
- Able to concentrate with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to tour through the entire community, up to one mile, and climb stairs.
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend and reach.
- Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to infectious diseases, chemical substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day.