Service Manager (Judson Park)
The Service Manager (“Lead Maintenance”) ensures that buildings and grounds are in good repair and provides a safe and attractive environment for residents, family members and guests. The Lead is responsible for maintaining compliance with OSHA, MSDS, state and federal regulations and the standards of the company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that staff walks through property daily to pick up litter, correct minor problems and note areas in need of repair.
- Personally inspects buildings and grounds on a frequent basis to monitor upkeep, safety hazards, wear and tear, repair needs, etc.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and documents work completed.
- Ensures prompt response to all requests for repairs or maintenance. Prioritizes service calls according to urgency and assigns appropriate staff or contractor to each job.
- Maintains HVAC system, ensuring comfortable temperatures throughout community. Replaces entire systems as assigned.
- Ensures effective lighting systems throughout community.
- Ensures that plumbing system is in compliance with code and working properly at all times.
- Maintains grounds and outdoor amenities, which may include swimming pool and playground. Coordinates lawn service and other outdoor service as required.
- Tests the fire protection systems as required by code and schedules regular inspections.
- Tests security systems on a regular basis. Performs and documents other testing as required by law, e.g. water temperatures in elder care.
- Provides for proper removal and disposal of trash; manages relationship with waste disposal company.
- Arranges for servicing of appliances and equipment for laundry rooms (and, if present, kitchens and elevators).
- Assists with move-ins and move-outs: inspects vacated units for damages and charge-backs to resident; restores vacated units to move-in condition. Must be able to help train maintenance staff in drywall, applying texture, painting, replacing electrical outlets, etc.
- Purchases/orders maintenance supplies, equipment and contract services within budget. Obtains executive director approval for extraordinary expenses. (May also be responsible for reviewing and coding invoices.)
- Maintains par levels of supplies. Ensures that maintenance equipment and chemicals are used properly and securely stored when not in use to prevent injuries to residents, employees and visitors.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of maintenance staff (and, if applicable, housekeeping and laundry employees). Ensures that new employees receive orientation and training.
- Manages work schedules and daily staff assignments to meet the needs of the community and within budget guidelines. Supervises assigned employees and provides ongoing performance coaching. Conducts formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedure.
- Reviews time and attendance records promptly on payroll day, ensuring that PTO, hours worked and holiday pay are correct. Reviews/approves time off requests. Monitors attendance and punctuality and addresses problems promptly. Controls overtime and staffing agency expenses.
- Ensures property complies with local, state and federal regulations. Prepares for inspections from entities that oversee the community: e.g. fire Marshall, local housing authority, HUD, state assisted living agency, etc.
- Assists with set-up and clean-up for special events.
- Maintains expertise in safety protocols (e.g. flammable storage), emergency response (for fire, flood, tornado, etc.) and equipment such as fire suppression systems and annunciator panels. Understands and can teach the steps for building evacuation. Participates in required safety training and fire drills.
- Rotates maintenance on-call duty; ensures ongoing after-hours coverage.
- Performs Manager On Duty responsibilities when assigned
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings and trainings
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, residents, family members, and outside contacts.
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to manage situations involving angry and/or unhappy residents. In elder care settings, must be able to work patiently and appropriately with residents with health and/or cognitive problems.
- Knowledge of Federal and State safety and fire codes, and for building codes applicable to the type of property where assigned.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and MSDS
- ls prompt and reliable, and able to perform required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis.
- Able to prioritize work, and independently make sound professional decisions.
- Able to seek out new methods and willing to incorporate them into existing practices when applicable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook software preferred.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Formal training and expertise trouble-shooting and repairing HVAC: must be able to replace as well as maintain and repair systems.
- Universal EPA certification.
- Electrical certification.
- CPO certification
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of five (5) years residential maintenance experience required, including general plumbing, electrical, carpentry and apartment make-ready.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as supervisor, assistant manager, or manager preferred.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Stand and/or walk up to eight (8) hours a day
- Sit up to 50% of the work day
- Occasionally push, pull or support up to 70 pounds unassisted. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently kneel, bend and reach, and work on ladders.
- Work frequently with hazardous equipment, sharp tools, and heavy, unstable loads.
- Work in spaces that may be confined, dark, extremely hot or extremely cold.
- Close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- Exposure to infectious diseases, chemical substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day
Artisan at Judson Park is located at 5030 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78247 is managed by Franklin Apartment Management. Franklin Apartment Management specializes in multi-family communities. Check us out at www.ArtisanJudsonPark.com