Caregiver/Med Aide - Sonterra (First Shift)
An experienced medication aide/caregiver is needed on the evening shift (5:45 am – 2:00 pm) at Franklin Park Sonterra.
Sonterra is a beautiful retirement community in Stone Oak, where assisted living is provided in a small-scale residential (not institutional) environment. The schedule for this position is 5 days per week with rotating weekends. This individual will sometimes be assigned to work as a caregiver. Starting wage is $11.50/hour and up, depending on experience.
- Experience as a caregiver or med aide (Preference is given to med aides, but will train caregivers with the right skills for this work. Strong English language skills needed to complete class and pass test.)
- MOST IMPORTANT:
- you truly enjoy working with older adults
- you are very dependable
- you are committed to a high standard of service
- CNA certification a plus
- Assisting residents with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and mobility
- Changing bed linens and towels
- Laundering and putting away residents’ clothing
- Encouraging and supporting residents in pursuing hobbies and interests, socialization and structured community activities
- Assisting in the dining room during meals
- Distributing medications at the scheduled times and documenting administration in the MAR
- Completing scheduled rounds to monitor residents’ well-being
- Monitoring residents for changes in behavior or physical condition and reporting unusual symptoms, accidents, or incidents
- Assisting with housekeeping and sanitation: cleaning wheelchairs and other equipment according to schedule, assisting with vacuuming and dusting, etc.
Franklin Park Sonterra is located at 18323 Sonterra Place, on the north side of Loop 1604, just east of Blanco Rd. Check us out at.
Franklin Park is dedicated to providing residential communities where seniors and their families feel right at home immediately upon entering our doors. We’re inspired by excellence and committed to “dedication in every detail.”