Certified Nurses Aide (CNA)/Team Lead
Franklin Park Boerne is accepting applications for Full Time, Certified Nurses Aide, for our Assisted Living and Memory Care Community.
Shift is 2-10 pm.
Pay rate is $14-15/hour.*Dementia experience preferred
Performs basic nursing care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Assists residents with personal, nutritional and restorative care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality care and assistance to residents in accordance with the resident philosophy and policies and resident rights
- Assists residents in meeting their physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- Adheres to each resident’s Level of Care (LOC), notifies supervisor of any changes in resident’s condition
- Answers and responds to resident calls in a timely manner
- Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Checks residents every two (2) hours and reports findings
- Completes assignment sheets daily.
- Encourages residents to attend meals in the dining room by escorting to and from dining room
- Assists residents with meals in ways that meet their individual needs and desires, while being cognizant of changes in appetites and physical abilities to eat and drink
- Assists with cleaning and setting the dining room as directed by supervisor
- Assists with cleaning and tidying resident’s room as directed by supervisor
- Assists with resident’s personal laundry as directed by supervisor
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with residents and their families
- Disposes of all incontinent products according to OSHA regulations and Company policy
- Practices proper body mechanics when lifting following safety guidelines
- Responds to resident emergencies
- Works assigned schedule
- Follows proper procedure for clocking in and out for shifts
- Follows guidelines for uniforms and wears name badge daily
- Follows policy on signing equipment in and out, and uses Company assigned equipment properly as intended
- Attends required community meetings
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Has a good understanding of how Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease can affect behavior
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Bi-lingual a plus
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
- Must have a high school education
- Non-Certification with proper training, or possession of valid state certification as C.N.A.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 – 3 years experience in a senior care community or nursing home environment preferred
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, push, climb and/or balance, stoop or kneel, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and/or hear
- Frequently will assist in lifting and/or transferring residents weighing up to 250 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision is required
- Subject to infectious diseases, substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day
We offer competitive wages, and a full time benefit package that includes Paid Time Off, holiday pay, health, dental and vision insurance, and bereavement leave.
We are managed by The Franklin Companies based here in San Antonio, voted one of the city’s best places to work in 2014 and 2016. To learn more about our company go to www.franklinpark.org.
Voted BEST OF THE BEST in Boerne 2019.
Location: 18 Old San Antonio Rd, Boerne, TX 78006