Memory Care Resident Services Director LVN
Franklin Park Alamo Heights is now hiring for a Memory Care Resident Services Director.
Must be a licensed LVN with managerial experience in Assisted Living and Memory Care Community. Primary focus is compliance with DADS and resident care.
- Current nursing (LVN) licensure issued by appropriate state licensing agency
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(not all inclusive)
- Ensures delivery of services to residents according to professionally recognized practices.
- Monitors care for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and company care performance standards.
- Monitors staff in administration of medication, to include frequent audits.
- Assists the Medication Technicians in medication management, including administration of medications to residents, ordering medication from pharmacy, and maintaining records as dictated in policies and procedures manual.
- Ensures that medications are properly stored, medication carts/cupboards are cleaned and medication room is organized according to standards.
- Observes residents health status. Takes actions to address concerns within scope of practice and reports all significant changes, reactions to medications and treatment or significant incidents to nurse and/or attending physician immediately.
- Performs ongoing assessments of resident physical and psycho-social needs and coordinates with nurse to assure quality proactive care.
- Communicates to families regarding resident's personal needs and achievements.
- Assists in organizing and developing service plan reviews as required, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families.
- Explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation and understanding.
- Observes residents, records significant reactions, and notifies director, physician, and pharmacist of resident's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Responds promptly to all emergency calls from residents.
- Performs daily and monthly safety and infection control checks of the home and grounds, assisting the resident director for resident health and safety purposes.
- Ensures that in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, psych visits, labs, x-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in the maintenance of resident records including review of documentation performed by resident assistants, monthly MAR reviews, setting up new resident and thinning records appropriately.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities, to include completion of quality assurance surveys as assigned by residence director.
- Shares on-call duties as required.
- Participates in community functions including family socials and open houses.
- Communicates with community professionals.
- Ensure appropriate handling of on-the-job injuries as reported by employees.
- Attends required community meetings and completes required reports.
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy.
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis.
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation.
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, residents, family members, and outside contacts.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Able to manage revenue and expense budget.
- Basic CPR/first aid training.
- Knowledge of current Federal and State laws pertaining to memory care communities.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Must possess a passion to work with senior citizens
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience providing care to Memory Care residents.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in supervising and management.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software. Basic typing skills required
We offer competitive wages, and a full benefit package that includes Paid Time Off, holiday pay, health, dental and vision insurance, and bereavement leave.
We are managed by Franklin Apartment Management based here in San Antonio, voted one of the city’s best places to work in 2014 and 2016.
To learn more about our company go to www.franklinpark.org.